“Welcome Home Project” f/k/a the Household Item Drive
Benefiting the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless
What: TCBF Community Outreach Committee is sponsoring this drive to collect household items to be donated to Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless’ clients.
Why: The Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless helps find safe, affordable housing for the homeless in our community. This is an opportunity to provide assistance and support to families and individuals making the transition from the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless to their own homes or apartments. You can help provide each new household with basic items for their new home. Your donation of any or all items listed below will help someone truly starting over feel welcomed into their new home and new life.
When: This year’s drive will be held April 6, 2015- April 17, 2015.
Where: Items can be collected at your place of business and then delivered to the Tulsa Bar Center and/or Richards & Connor, PLLP no later than Friday, April 17, 2015. Please collect the items listed below in bags, boxes, or any other container that will be easy to transport.
Goal: To prepare fifty (50) “welcome home kits”. A welcome home kit is made up by the items listed below. Duplicates of any of the items listed below are always welcomed.
Cash: Many individuals and firms will prefer to make cash donations. We have estimated the cost per “welcome home kit” to be approximately $125.00. Such donations should be made payable to the Tulsa County Bar Foundation and mailed to the Tulsa County Bar Center. The memo line should read: Community Outreach, Welcome Home Project. We will provide these cash donations along with the collected household items to the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless so it can purchase additional household items after it determines the areas of greatest need. All donations are tax deductible, and tax receipts will be provided.
Contact: If you have any questions, please contact Grant T. Lloyd at 918-585-2394 or email@example.com
Items to Be Collected
- Pot Holder
- Sauce Pan
- Shower Curtain Liner & Rings
- 2 Sets of Dishes (plates, bowls, and cups/mugs)
- All-Purpose Cleaner
- 2 Drinking Glasses (plastic or glass)
- 2 Kitchen Towels/Dish Cloths
- Twin/Full Blanket
- 2 Sets of Flatware (knife, fork, and spoon)
- 2 Sets of Bath Towels & Washcloths
- Cooking Utensils (1 spatula, 2 ladles, and 1 large spoon)
- Set of Twin Sheets
- Can Opener (hand-operated)
- Bed Pillows
- Paring Knife
- 2 Cleaning Cloths
- 2 Sponges
- Alarm Clock (with batteries, if needed)
- Dishwashing Liquid (for hand washing dishes)
- Current year’s Calendar
* These items do not have to be matching sets and may be gently used. Please be sure they are clean and in very good condition. Additional items appreciated include, brooms, mops, and land-line telephones.